NestQuest staff will tour your property to determine if the rental will be a good fit for the program.
Potential residents will be directed to view your property and tours will be scheduled during a prearranged time.
When a prospective tenant has indicated that they would like to move in. NestQuest staff will schedule an inspection with the Housing Authority.
Once the unit has passed inspection, the tenant will move into your property and start their lease!
Benefits & Guarantees
Your lease throughout participation in our program will be with NestQuest. For every lease agreement NestQuest signs, we guarantee:
- On time rent payment each month
- Quarterly property inspections to ensure your unit is in good condition
- Continued rent payment for the entire length of the lease, even if the tenant needs to vacate for any reason
- Coverage of any repairs required (beyond normal wear and tear) that exceed the deposit.
Landlords that partner with NestQuest are the reason we are able to offer motivated families the opportunity to live in better neighborhoods. Our program would not be possible without the support of property owners like you!
Below are some general guidelines about our program eligibility. However, we welcome any inquiries about if your property is a good fit for the program. You can complete our online form and we will respond to you by the next business day.
In order to qualify for the program, each unit must be in good condition and zoned to an “A” or “B” ranked school according to the Texas School Guide. If you are not sure of the school your property is zoned to, then you can look it up on the school district’s website. Each landlord must also agree to the following:
- If the unit fails the Housing Authority inspection, then the landlord is responsible for making any changes that will enable the unit to pass inspection
- Disregard any history of financial evictions or low credit score when screening prospective tenants. Behavioral evictions and criminal background checks can be included in the screening process.
- Communicate directly with NestQuest staff about any maintenance issues and lease terms. NestQuest staff in turn communicates any necessary information to the tenants.