Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL SUMMARY Responsible for developing and delivering a broad range of counseling and referral services to residents of all ages and conditions within the NestQuest Houston Voucher Mobility program. Performs a variety of tasks involving planning, implementing and monitoring activities, and documenting and reporting program results. Reports to the Executive Director
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain contact with public and private community agencies that provide services and support to program participants.
- Conduct one-on-one interviews with participants, prepare sublease contracts, voucher documents, prepare needs assessment, and make referrals.
- Ensure that rental payments from participants and payments to landlords are processed timely
- Assist participants in preparing applications and forms for school grants, scholarships, etc.
- Locate testing facilities to help participants with job placement and career choices as necessary.
- Coordinate services needed by participants, provide counseling and monitor family compliance with participation agreement
- Perform initial and quarterly examinations of participants with minimal unit inspections
- Works with educational/training entities to coordinate and refine admission requirements and procedures for monitoring participants
- Work with the local employment commission and other employment programs to expand employment opportunities for participants
- Assist in preparation of annual report on results of program
- Compile forms, reports, letters, etc., necessary for program evaluations and fundraising efforts
- Establish and maintain files on participants
- Actively participate in preparation and submission of necessary documents for annual audits
- Prepare proposals for services needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of social work and resources available through community agencies.
- Ability to address the public and present information in a clear, concise and convincing manner.
- Ability to deal effectively with situations that require tact and diplomacy, yet firmness.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with other employees, residents, and community agencies and other activities that provide services.
- Considerable knowledge of the Housing Choice Voucher policies preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related field from an accredited college/university or significant experience in the social/community service industry required.
- Three to four years’ experience in counseling or social work, or a combination of education and experience.
- Valid Texas driver’s license or obtain such within the first thirty (30) days of employment.